Our Pal - Mason F
- Born: 03/10/2004
- Illness: Astrocytoma
- Status: Current
- Home Page:
C/O 46 Damselfly Road
NB: this is a forwarding address for the Pal, we do NOT disclose home addresses
- Parents/Guardians - Shelley
- Interests - Mason likes art and crafts, Horrid Henry, Mr Bean and Fireman Sam , he loves camper vans and fast cars. He also loves his iPad and Xbox.
- Favourite Colour - Blue
- Able to read? - Yes - Age 5-6 years and large print
- Able to use hands? - Yes
- Visually/hearing impaired? - Mason is visually impaired
- Suffers from any developmental delay? - Yes, Mason likes things for younger children
Siblings - aged 3 to 16 wishing to receive post
About - Mason F
Story written 2016
Mason was diagnosed with a brain tumour in April 2010. Since then he has endured several operations and over two years of chemo. In April 2015, Mason and his family went to America for proton treatment. We have just found out that this hasn’t worked and Mason’s tumour is terminal.
Mason’s mobility and eyesight have become worse over the years. Mason sleeps a lot now and his short term memory has been affected by the proton therapy. Mason now has seizures and is on a lot of medication. Mason has been through a lot over the six years he has been ill.
Update 28th January 2017
Mason is pretty much the same, we have been trying to control the seizures and are struggling with getting the right mixture of medicines. Mason has been attending his new special needs school more and enjoying swimming at school. Masons mobility still isn’t great and he’s still having issues with his vision. He’s plodding along, he sleeps a lot now due to seizures medications and the tumour.